Chapel of Nossa Senhora da Lapa
Municipally owned chapel, its built in the eighteenth century in Baroque style close to the fortress of São Francisco.
The Parish Church (Verín)
Between 1542 and 1546, while under the protection of the Abbey of Celanova, a church was built and dedicated to Santa María a Maior. For many years, it was dependent as an annex to the Benedictine priory of Pazos. It has an adjoining chapel of As Dores, containing a statue of the Virgin of the same name and a Resting Christ, with articulated arms. The chapel also once contained the well-known “Christ of the Battles”, which now stands in the presbytery of the church, attributed to the sculptor Gregorio Hernández or a member of his school. At the end of the nineteenth century, José García Barbón bought the chapel and donated it to the church. This local dignitary also helped with the reconstruction of the roof, donating an organ and a tower to install the clock.