The EGTC is a grouping of territorial entities, endowed with legal personality, whose purpose is to facilitate and promote cross-border, transnational, and/or interregional cooperation, referred to as "territorial cooperation", exclusively for the purpose of strengthening economic and social cohesion (as per article 175 of the Treaty of the Functioning of the European Union).
The Eurocity Chaves-Verín, EGTC aims to combine efforts and resources, through the joint planning and management of services and equipment of the border municipalities of Verín in the Autonomous Community of Galicia and of Chaves in the Northern Region of Portugal.
The interventions, aimed at citizens, are intended to promote institutional, economic, social, cultural and environmental convergence between the two cities, which will use the border effect as an opportunity for territorial and socio-economic development, promoting the use of common services as an instrument to encourage coexistence between the population of both territories.
Participants in the Eurocity Chaves-Verín, EGTC, on the Spanish side the Municipality of Verín (province of Ourense, Autonomous Community of Galicia) and on the Portuguese side the Municipality of Chaves (North of Portugal).
Composition of the Board of the General Assembly
- Chairman: Nuno Vaz Ribeiro
- Secretary: Diego Lourenzo Moura
Members of the General Assembly 2021-2023
- Nuno Vaz Ribeiro
- Mayor of Chaves
- Gerardo Seoane Fidalgo
- Mayor of Verín
- Francisco António Chaves de Melo
- Vice Mayor of Chaves
- Paula Fernanda da Mota Chaves
- Councilwoman of the City Council of Chaves
- Nuno Coelho Chaves
- Councilor of the City Council of Chaves
- Diego Lourenzo Moura
- Vice Mayor of Verín
- José Luis Martín
- Councilor of the City Council of Verín
- Emilia Somoza
- Councilwoman of the City Council of Verín
- Director: Gerardo Seoane Fidalgo
- Executive Director: Pablo Rivera
- Secretary: José Sousa
- Xunta de Galicia - Regional Government of Galicia
- Northern Regional Coordination and Development Commission
- Ourense Provincial Council
- Intermunicipal Community of Alto Támega