The Eurocitizen Card aims to provide the same benefits to residents of the two municipalities, under the same conditions as the services they already have in their municipality of residence, thus promoting the exchange between the populations of these two municipalities and increasing the supply and diversity of services. The promotion of Eurocitizenship involves understanding the existence of equal treatment of Eurocitizens, regardless of their nationality.
The launch of the Eurocitizen Card materializes this equality since it allows the same access conditions, in Chaves and in Verín, to municipal services (swimming pools, libraries, etc.), as well as equal access to events, training, competitions, etc. With the implementation of the Eurocity Chaves-Verín, it is possible to avoid duplication of equipment and consequent duplication of costs.
Territorial and demographic complementarity not only justifies the installation of certain facilities (social, sports, recreational and cultural), whose profitability is only possible at high levels of use, but also promotes the balanced management of public funds by taking advantage of economies of scale in the shared use and management of already existing resources or even in the joint planning of future facilities.
The Eurocitizen Card thus represents the main instrument for the creation of a social free zone in the Eurocity, constituting a form of identification of Eurocitizenship to which social and commercial benefits are associated.
- Universal and common access for citizens to a set of public, collective and social services in the two municipalities.
- Promote the consolidation of the sense of belonging and euroidentity of the citizens of the Eurocity Chaves-Verín.
- Visibility of immediate benefits at individual level in the context of the Eurocity.
- Avoid duplication of equipment and consequent duplication of costs in both municipalities.
- Take advantage of economies of scale in the shared use and management of existing services and facilities and in the joint planning of future facilities.
- To promote a broad reflection on the implications and needs for intervention on issues of a legal nature that may constitute barriers to the proposed actions.
- Eurocity Card